forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Plans for integrating FOP .94
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2007 03:36:53 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
> > Would you please be more explicit in your svn commit
> > message for this block jar. In the past we have always
> > mentioned the revision number from which it was built.
> > The commit log can be edited:
> > svn propedit svn:log --revprop -r603892 ...
>
> As far as I understand the block was build from the sources
> that were used to build all our cocoon blocks and FOP 0.94.
> The code of the block itself, I understand, was adapted for
> FOP 0.94. The source is included in the jar.
>
> Should I simply say so in the message?

If everything is included in the Cocoon SVN, then just add to
the log comment the revision number that was used to build it.
See an example 'svn log lib/core/cocoon-2.2.0-dev.jar'

If there is extra code then we need something more.
Below i was suggesting if the code is not in Cocoon SVN
then add a patch to a special Jira issue, but having the
sources in the jar might be sufficient (i don't know).

-David