forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Plans for integrating FOP .94
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 07:55:57 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> > Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Thorsten. That helped quite a bit.
> >
> > > Did you try to "just" add commons logging as well (drop the lib)?
> >
> > I'd try if I knew where to find that lib :-)
>
> http://commons.apache.org/logging/
>
> > > ..or (better) update our cocoon version to the current cocoon one or
> > > switch to cocoon-2.1.x. Otherwise we are really starting to fork cocoon.
> >
> > That makes sense in context of what you write below.
> > So should I do that? And how do I get started.
>
> I would try 2.1.x.
> First by using our files
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/forrest/trunk/etc/cocoon_upgrade/
> to build the jars that we need and then replace the ones we have in
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/forrest/trunk/lib/core/
>
> After this a clean build of forrest and see what errors are thrown.

Those notes relate to our use of old Cocoon-2.2 trunk.
I think what Thorsten might be suggesting is to use
those notes for a guide to building Cocoon-2.1 branch instead.
The two had a similar Ant-based build system at the time.

See our issue
 "decide on upgrade strategy for Forrest's use of Cocoon"

Option 2 is the Cocoon-2.1 branch option and refers to FOR-955 notes.

However, i am not sure what version of FOP is being used
in Cocoon-2.1 branch.

-David