forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremias Maerki-2 <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Unreleased Coccon Code in Forrest 0.8
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 09:17:59 GMT

It was me who brought this up. A couple of years ago, I got educated about
this topic by an Apache Member (unfortunately, I don't remember who that
was) and from that point on, I didn't allow releases in XML Graphics with
snapshot JARs. Indeed, I haven't found any hard evidence myself about this
policy so I brought this up among the ASF membership. The discussion is
still going on and it's not clear, yet, what the outcome will be. It will
probably be somewhere between "no problem with snapshots" and "no go with
snapshots". At the moment, just ignore this and I will update you when I can
say more. Hopefully, this will result in an update of the release handling
documentation on www.apache.org/dev. What I can already say is that
releasing Forrest with snapshot JARs means the Forrest PMC takes
responsibility for those snapshots and what's in them.