forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Plans for integrating FOP .94
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 22:09:58 GMT

http://commons.apache.org/logging/

> > ..or (better) update our cocoon version to the current cocoon one or
> > switch to cocoon-2.1.x. Otherwise we are really starting to fork cocoon.
>
> That makes sense in context of what you write below.
> So should I do that? And how do I get started.

I would try 2.1.x.
First by using our files
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/forrest/trunk/etc/cocoon_upgrade/
to build the jars that we need and then replace the ones we have in
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/forrest/trunk/lib/core/

After this a clean build of forrest and see what errors are thrown.

> I installed maven and checked out Cocoon trunk last night.
> But building repeatedly failed with the message
>
> > Failed tests:
> >
> > testRefreshSyncURI(org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.CachingSourceTestCase)
>
> Is there a better way?

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cocoon/trunk/README.txt?view=markup

mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true install

The important part is the "-Dmaven.test.skip=true" property, since the
error that you see is coming from a test.

> Can I build the needed blocks
> individually?

yes. cd to the directory.

mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true install