forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cocoon 2.2, dispatcher and blocks
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 00:59:06 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am evaluating cocoon 2.2 for a current project and for this project I
> need to port the dispatcher to a cocoon 2.2 block.
>
> I made some first steps but before proceed I would like to ask whether
> it is ok to create a dir
> ./whiteboard/cocoon-2.2/blocks
> and add my code there.
>
> As soon I am a wee bit more familiar with the new building system and
> 2.2. itself I will try to update our underlying version.

I am concerned that we are suddenly going down the Maven route,
whereas we had decided to use Ivy when it is ready, which it is now.

Can blocks be alternatively built by either Maven or Ivy?

I know that you need to get going quickly so go for it,
but we need to soon consider our build system.

-David