forrest-dev mailing list archives

From llamar burgess <lla...@kraftfeld.org>
Subject Re: multiple projects in single forrest instance
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 22:26:35 GMT
Ross Gardler schrieb:

> For example, issue FOR-1044 [2] ("Navigation conversion is
> incomplete") is a pretty important one. To start understanding what
> the problem is here we need to understand the process by which
> site.xml gets turned into the HTML.
>
> Searching in sitemap.xmap shows us this:
>
> <!-- The navigation and links file "site.xml" -->
>     <map:pipeline internal-only="true">
>       <map:match pattern="site.navigation.links.xml">
>         <map:select type="exists">
>           <map:when test="{lm:project.xml.site}">
>             <map:generate src="{lm:project.xml.site}"/>
>           </map:when>
>           <map:when test="{lm:site.xml}">
>             <map:generate src="{lm:site.xml}"/>
>           </map:when>
>         </map:select>
>         <map:transform type="xinclude"/>
> <!-- FIXME: This is a workaround to Issue FOR-675 and
> commons-jxpath-1.2 -->
>         <map:transform src="{lm:transform.xml.xml-namespace-stripped}"/>
> <!-- end FIXME: FOR-675 -->
>         <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>       </map:match>
>     </map:pipeline>

re,

i guess the problem here is to determine if the site.xml of the master
or a subsite (and if - then which) should be used. The snippet above
will always return the site.xml of the master project.
Maybe it is possible to get the requestAttribute selector to check it...
by the referer for example.

Am i on the right way?

> Do you know what all that means? If not, start here at these docs [3]
> if you do then work it through as far as you can and ask here for more
> help.
One thing i am not quite clear about is the line
<map:transform type="xinclude"/>
there are no xincludes in the site.xml.. is this just a precaution?

best regards
llamar