forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] decide the future of forrestdoc
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2007 23:50:20 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Vincent Siveton wrote:
> > David Crossley wrote:
> >>
> >>Please Apache Maven PMC, tell us when you have done
> >>the 'svn copy' and we will remove it from ours.
> >
> >Done with r574907
> >http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=574907&view=rev
> >
> >You could delete the forrest/trunk/whiteboard/forrestdoc/ project or
> >add a README.TXT for the log with the new location.
>
> I've deleted the directory, the log message points to Maven.
>
> >Be sure that the Maven Team will take care of the code :)
>
> It's nice to see it finally find a loving home. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks to everyone involved in this, remembering way back to
beyond Nicola Ken saving it after Alexandria. His email signature
rings loud. Those who don't know what i am talking about,
grep the net for him and "the code remains". [*]

The handover to Maven has been a beaut collaboration
and left a solid trail.

> >>Note for the archives: See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-820
> >
> >I moved several Forrest issues on our jira (MSANDBOX-33, 34, 35, 36)
> >and deleted for you some Forrest issues as won't fix (FOR-1033, 1030,
> >1028, 1027, 1024, 1023)
> >You need to delete FOR-820.
>
> Thanks for the cleanup, I closed FOR-820 with a won't fix and removed
> the Tools: Forrestdoc component in JIRA. All issues that were in that
> component are now closed and have been moved to the "other" component.

I removed it from our Apache Gump descriptor at r575120.

         ---oOo---

Wow, i have just gotta share this with you. I tried that search
above for NKB's email sig, with Google. Now if i had used
"just code remains" (which are his actual words) i get many thousands.
Using my guess above "the code remains" i get just one totally relevant
thread:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/forrest-dev/200210.mbox/%3C3DBE9969.5060300@apache.org%3E
[RT] Move part of Alexandria code to Forrest?

Coincidence?

-David