forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Oshani Seneviratne" <osha...@gmail.com>
Subject Description-Of-A-Career(DOAC) RDF/XML data in Forrest
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 03:36:35 GMT
Hi,

The DOAC vocabulary specification [1] builds on top of FOAF data, and
in addition, it is not as mature as the FOAF vocabulary specification
[2].

Therefore, I am contemplating whether to go for a separate DOAC plugin
or use the DOAC ontology in describing the professional information of
a person within the FOAF plugin. With this, we could use Exhibit to
view and filter people using the different skills (language, social,
organizational etc), and also various categories in experience and
education as defined by the specification. In addition, we could
present a "resume" like page for the person. Even with a separate DOAC
plugin all this could be done, but I believe some of what is already
done for the FOAF plugin could get repeated there.

I would really appreciate your comments and ideas on this.

Thanks,
Oshani

[1] http://www.ramonantonio.net/doac/0.1/
[2] http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/