forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r568047 - /forrest/trunk/main/targets/site.xml
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 07:34:02 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-08-22 at 12:22 +1000, David Crossley wrote:
>> Ross Gardler wrote:

> That depends on the follow-links="true|false", but yes if you turn off
> the follow links then the project.start-uri and all links in the
> project.urifile are crawled only.
>
>>> If this is the case then we could write a script to create this uriFile
>>> from the last modified dates of files and solve the problem of
>>> regenerating every page in the content object.

> The non trivial task is the uriFile itself. Since a source does not have
> to be based on a file system file one would need to crawl the whole site
> and store the http-headers regarding caching.

Good point. But at least it works for local files, I suspect most people
build only from local files.

> Further when adding or removing nodes in the site.xml some parts of the
> site needs to be rebuilded even if the underlying source has not
> changed. The reason in html is e.g. ATM the menu which is reflecting the
> navigation.

Yes, when any of the config files have changed (e.g. site.xml,
locationmap.xml, forrest.properties* and *.xmap) the whole site should
be regenerated.

Anyway, it's just a thought. I'm not about to do this, but next time a
user asks for this functionality lets point them to this thread and ask
them to have a bash at implementing it.

Ross