forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r568047 - /forrest/trunk/main/targets/site.xml
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 07:29:34 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>> Author: thorsten
>>> Date: Tue Aug 21 03:02:42 2007
>>> New Revision: 568047
>>> Log:
>>> Adding --uriFile argument to the cocoon cli call. This way one can set
>>> project.urifile to the uris that should be included. see
>>> for more
>>> information.
>> Does this mean that only files mention in the uriFile are generated?
>> It's not clear in the docs.
>> If this is the case then we could write a script to create this uriFile
>> from the last modified dates of files and solve the problem of
>> regenerating every page in the content object.
> Note that both of those new parameters can be specified
> on a per-project basis using the Cocoon conf/cli.xconf
> configuration file. For example, see site-author/conf/cli.xconf
> and search for "uri-file" and "follow-links".

So I guess this is the solution you have been pointing people at. I've
never used it as it is not an issue for me. However, since this is a
frequent request I wonder why we do not encourage a user who does have
this need to create a script to create these files as a first step on
forrest run. It should be easy for anyone with a little scripting ability.

View raw message