forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r568047 - /forrest/trunk/main/targets/site.xml
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 07:29:34 GMT

>>> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/offline/cli.html for more
>>> information.
>> Does this mean that only files mention in the uriFile are generated?
>> It's not clear in the docs.
>>
>> If this is the case then we could write a script to create this uriFile
>> from the last modified dates of files and solve the problem of
>> regenerating every page in the content object.
>
> Note that both of those new parameters can be specified
> on a per-project basis using the Cocoon conf/cli.xconf
> configuration file. For example, see site-author/conf/cli.xconf
> and search for "uri-file" and "follow-links".

So I guess this is the solution you have been pointing people at. I've
never used it as it is not an issue for me. However, since this is a
frequent request I wonder why we do not encourage a user who does have
this need to create a script to create these files as a first step on
forrest run. It should be easy for anyone with a little scripting ability.

Ross