forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Legal Notice in Individual SKOS Glossaries Missing
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 21:56:24 GMT
Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:
> Hi,
> Le vendredi 03 août 2007 à 16:03 +0200, Sina K. Heshmati a écrit :
>> A few glossaries that are made available [2] by the W3C Glossary and Dictionary Project
[3] in SKOS format have been selected to serve as samples to demonstrate
>> how the plugin aggregates content from external sources.
>>
>> As a result, the content from an external source may be presented in pages with
>> Apache copyright statement. Therefore, we need to make sure that the right legal

>> notice is associated with the aggregated content. To that end, I was wondering
>> if a project committer could add an explicit legal notice to SKOS glossaries [2],
>> so that we'll be able to refer to those resources in our source code.
>
> I have added the following notice to most glossaries in the W3C
> glossary:
>
> <rdf:Description rdf:about="">
>   <dc:rights xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
> rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2002/copyright-documents-20021231" />
> </rdf:Description>
>
> There is once instance where the license terms refer to a different URI
> (the one for the HTTP spec), and one for which the licensing terms are
> undefined (and for which I didn't set any value).
>
> Hope this helps,

My take on this is that we can now use the dc:rights element to decide
whether we can reproduce the definition entry. For now you can hard code
the acceptable rdf:resource value in the XSL (i.e. only include elements
with an approved copyright notice).

However, it is important to note that there are a number of requirements
that we must conform with in order to comply with these license terms.

Sina, thanks for following this up, please be sure to thank Dominique on
behalf of the Forrest community. The result is a very good one I think.
I'm off on holiday for until next Monday, so I'm afraid I will not get
to your new patch until then at the earliest (it may be that someone
else can step up though).

Ross