forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject DOAP in use
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 20:40:23 GMT
As many of you will have noticed I've been doing quite a bit of work on
the DOAP plugin recently. This is for a project here, called Simal, we
need to create an internal catalogue of projects similar to
projects.apache.org and since I'd already done much of the work on the
DOAP plugin here I thought I'd get things kick started by using Forrest.

[ASIDE] I say "kick started" because I still have my concerns about the
current architecture of Forrest. I hope to find the resources to do this
with my Forrest 2 experimental code, but right now I don't have the
necessary resources so am focusing on the existing Forrest.

Anyway, the resulting project site makes a reasonable demo of the DOAP
plugin and, in particular, its emerging AJAX features. It's somewhat
lacking in content in the catalogue right now, CSS styling is limited
and useful features like hyperlinks are missing, but you can see the
basic idea of where the DOAP plugin is heading.

AJAX Browser: http://simal.oss-watch.ac.uk/catalogueBrowser.html

Embedded RSS:
http://simal.oss-watch.ac.uk//projectDetails/jisc/elfdemo_uhi.html

(OK so the RSS demo is a bit poor since it's not been updated for many
years, but well, sooner or later we'll get more realistic sample data in
there)

Ross