forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dispatcher behaves differently in static and dynamic modes
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 21:36:06 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:

>>> Very weird, will have a look now.
>> I used the fresh site and created
>> src/documentation/resources/structurer/url/projectDetails/pelt.fv
>>
>> I can see the described behavior in e.g.
>> build/site/samples2/subdir/index.html
>> build/site/samples1/index.html
>> and some others
>>
>> but e.g.
>> build/site/samples1/linking.html
>> shows the right behavior.
>>
>> We need to debug RecursiveDirectoryTraversalAction.java, but could be a
>> caching problem of the locationmap.
>
> Problem still occur if you turn caching off?

Yes, the problem still occurs. So I guess this means we need to look at
RecursiveDirectoryTraversalAction.java, although to be honest, I'm not
sure why this should be the problem.

I need to publish this content ASAP, so I'm going to try doing a wget
from the forrest run. If this works maybe this issue will be the factor
that pushes me to look at Thorstens crawler in the lab since we need to
create our own crawler to allow us to upgrade Cocoon (and move forward
with Forrest 2).

What do people think? Is it worth the effort, or should we investigate
RecursiveDirectoryTraversalAction.java?

Ross