forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Sina K. Heshmati" <s...@khakbaz.com>
Subject Re: Date Formatting in Forrest XSLT stylesheets
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 21:03:56 GMT
On Fri, August 17, 2007 6:18 pm, Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org> said:

> Sina K. Heshmati wrote:
>> I'm currently working on the Baetle plugin where I've decided to transform the
>> RSS file generated by JIRA for each issue into Baetle and then process the
>> generated Baetle.
>>
>> I was wondering if there were some pre-defined functions in Forrest that I could
>> reuse in XSLT stylesheets to format dates from a given format (e.g. Sun, 20 May
>> 2007 10:22:54 -0700 (PDT)) to XSD Date and Time.
>
> Nope. But you could use the exslt date and time module
> http://www.exslt.org/date/index.html

The parse-date [1] function helps but format-date [2] (supported by Xalan) doesn't. As [3]
implements parse-date in XSLT, I'll use it. At the same time, it makes sense to make date-related
extensions available to other components of Forrest as well, so where do you think is best
for hosting these libraries. For now, I put mine in ${PLUGIN_HOME}/lib. Should you think there's
a better location for them, let me know.

SinDoc

[1] http://www.exslt.org/date/functions/parse-date/date.parse-date.html
[2] http://www.exslt.org/date/functions/format-date/date.format-date.html
[3] http://www.exslt.org/date/functions/parse-date/date.parse-date.template.xsl