forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] decide the future of forrestdoc
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:59:16 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Gav.... wrote:
> >Ok, so we have given plenty more time.
> >
> >Looking again at the link Vincent gave ,
> >
> >http://www.nabble.com/Forrestdoc-and-Maven-JXR-tf3864888s177.html
> >
> >shows that Maven are in agreement and happy to take the code.
> >
> >What happens now ?
>
> Thanks for waking this up.
>
> I guess we officially invite Maven to take the code into their SVN,
> thank them for taking care of it and remove it from our SVN.
>
> David, is there anything special we need to do?

Sorry, i have been busy, and still.

I suggest that one of us composes a list of steps,
then contacts Maven.

Here are some items that i can quickly think of:

* A Maven committer does a complete 'svn copy' of
everything in forrestdoc. This retains history (and
can do subsequent moves/deletes from there).

* Then a Forrest committer does an 'svn delete' from
our SVN forrest/whiteboard/forrestdoc

* Maven might need to explore what happened with the
import of the Vizant code. We haven't really investigated
the provenance of any of forrestdoc. There are some recent
notes in
forrest/whiteboard/forrestdoc/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestdoc/ant/doc/package.htm

* Need to add comments to the various recent email
threads to provide cross-references for the archives
and mention the issue number.

-David