forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <>
Subject GSoC work on plugins
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 07:58:39 GMT
This is for Oshani bur the rest of the list need to know what is happening ,

Oshani, you have been absent from this list for nearly a month, a private
mail I sent you two weeks ago (giving you the opportunity to reply in
private) has gone unanswered.

Here is the situation.

FOAF plugin needs completing - this was due on your own timeline of July
9th. You explained to me reasons for this and I accepted them. You assured
me you would get back on track.

DOAC Plugin needs starting and completing. This was due July 14th.

hCalendar Plugin needs starting and completing. This was due July 18th.

hResume plugin needs starting and completing. This was due July 31st.

Now is supposed to be well into Stage 4 - Final Touch ups.

You are due to upload code to Google on August 20th.
I am due to start evaluating your final evaluation on August 20th also.

Here is what I propose you do :-

1. Take a look at and solve issues FOR-1008 and FOR-1020. Send in separate
patches for the issues so I can test and apply them easily and timely.

What else needs to be done to complete FOAF plugin ?

2. Create the DOAC plugin and submit the code as a patch.
3. Complete the DOAC plugin.

Thoroughly test with lots of examples the FOAF and DOAC plugins.

IF you have time after that, being the hCalendar plugin.

You need to start doing this now - I do not want to see a last minute rush
of code submitted just before the deadline.

As always, myself , Ross and the rest of forrest list are here and have
always been here to answer any questions if you are stuck.

Today is August 9th, so there is only 11 days to go before final evaluations

View raw message