forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Ross Gardler" <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] decide the future of forrestdoc
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 22:38:37 GMT
On 12/07/07, Thorsten Scherler <thorsten@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 16:03 +1000, David Crossley wrote:

> > I propose that Forrest ask the Maven project to take the
> > code as-is over to Maven JXR, then split it up as they see fit.
> >
> > What do other Forrest developers think?
>
> I understand your reasoning but I do not like that we seem to prefer to
> give this code away instead to get a grip on it and build a community
> around it. I am ATM not able to take the lead out of time restrictions
> but may be somebody else can step up.
>
> I am not at all in favor of this proposal.

I am fine with this (in fact there is nothing to stop Maven taking the
code anyway).

It is not being developed here and Vincent has done more work on it in
the last week than we have in years. I'd rather see the code go where
it will be developed and maintained rather than sitting idle in our
repo.

I am in favour of this proposal, assuming Maven want it of course.

Ross