forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: howto get cocoon-2.2.0-dev?
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 03:23:30 GMT
llamar burgess wrote:
> David Crossley schrieb:
> >David Crossley wrote:

> >>Oh drat. At one stage they used "svn externals" for some
> >>blocks to share them with Cocoon 2.1 branch. I wonder if
> >>that is the problem.
> >
> >I have not tried a fresh checkout of that revision
> >and i am not sure that the "externals' is the problem.
> >
> >We need to find all the places in that r351990 that used
> >to use 'svn externals'. Then i gather that we can get the
> >'svn checkout' to ignore the externals
> >http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.2/svn.advanced.externals.html
>
> Yes, that should do it but an issue then is, that i dont know how many
> problems
> are in this revision at all. The checkout quits after the first error.
> But there are
> other problems besides the blocks (the cocoon build script actually
> fails because it cant locate
> the gump descriptor (\src\gump\module.xml).

Because you are ignoring "externals'.

The "externals" refers to
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/metadata/project/cocoon/
and the file is still available at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/metadata/project/cocoon/module.xml

Get it with:
svn co -r 351990 http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/metadata/project/cocoon/module.xml

> So i supposed there must be
> other parts missing as well).

Not sure about that. There is another "externals" at
src/documentation/src/forrest-configuration/
but hopefully the "docs" was not required.

> To follow each error that comes up could be a intense task when, on the
> other hand any
> working version of cocoon would do fine for me (as long as it works
> together with forrest) .

As we have said, r351990 is the last known working version.

> That is, why i came up with the question to the list.
> I just hoped there would be a solution as easy as "download and use"  :)
>
> >Perhaps these are blocks that Forrest does not use.
> >Otherwise i wonder if we can get the relevant
> >blocks from the current Cocoon-2.1 branch SVN.

Those might need to be from a version of 2.1 that is
close to r351990.

-David