forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Ross Gardler" <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r546173 - in /forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.skos: resources/stylesheets/skos-to-document.xsl src/documentation/content/xdocs/glossary.xml
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 20:19:45 GMT
On 11/06/07, Sina K. Heshmati <sina@khakbaz.com> wrote:
> On Mon, June 11, 2007 5:47 pm, Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org> said:

> > Also, what is the intention of the class attribute here and elsewhere.
> > There is no addition to the CSS files so this is meaningless at this
> > time.
>
> I don't think it's meaningless. I used class attributes to give meaning to the generated
content. Before the term 'Microformats' was coined, it was difficult to explain why I systematicallly
use class attributes, but it's now rather easy. I personally share Norm's views [1] on microformats.

> It'd be ideal to generate content according to a microformat but I haven't come across
any for glossaries.

> It's true that I always have CSS in mind while generating content but it doesn't mean
that CSS is immediately going to be applied; that can come later and adapt itself to the markup.

OK, I see your logic. Thanks for the info and link.

Ross