forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Ross Gardler" <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: doap:category
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2007 23:35:05 GMT
On 09/06/07, Gav.... <brightoncomputers@brightontown.com.au> wrote:
> In our DOAP, and as reflected on /dev/
>
> we have so called 'resources' such as
>
> <doap:category
> rdf:resource="http://projects.apache.org/category/build-management"/>
>
> and several more entries like it.
>
> Should these not point to the actual locations such as above would be
> <doap:category
> rdf:resource="http://projects.apache.org/indexes/category.html#build-managem
> ent"/>
>
> or are these examples of non-literals that point to nowhere which I don't
> see the point in creating hrefs to.

See my earlier reply. Yes, these are non-literals.

The rdf:resource *could* point to the human readable description  as
you suggest, but then we would be using a different set of URIs to the
rest of the ASF and anyone else who adopts the categories defined by
the ASF.

One last, minor point, in relation to your last sentence. These are
not HREFs. A HREF is a Hypertext REFerence, i.e. a hypertext link to a
document. These are URIs.

Ross