forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Ross Gardler" <>
Subject Re: RDF/XML plugin development
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 10:07:35 GMT
On 07/06/07, Sina K. Heshmati <> wrote:
> On Wed, June 6, 2007 11:56 pm, Ross Gardler <> said:
> > On 30/05/07, Ross Gardler <> wrote:
> >> This mail is intended to help our students get to grips with a
> >> sensible way of getting started that will not take up too much
> >> revision time, but will still enable progress in the GSoC programme.
> >>
> >> The first thing to do is to create an outline plugin. There is
> >> documentation on how to do this at [1] (note there are some useful
> >> documents linked in the further reading section).
> >
> > Sina, any progress. Can we help in any way?
> Yes! There's one thing you can help me with.
> The moment I was assigned to develop a Baetle plugin --aggregating content from bug databases,
I came up with the idea of a customizable Bug Dashbord that every open source project could
use to present a summary of its bug database. Great, but the problem is that Baetle hasn't
released any schema yet [1].
> Now, as I'd proposed [2] two initial plugins --Baetle and SKOS [3], wouldn't it be better
for me to start with the SKOS plugin?

By all means start with the SKOS plugin. I did not intend to "assign"
anything, I was merely suggesting. You are free to do almost anything
you want within the confines of your proposal. This is your project
and you should proceed in the way that best suits your goals.

View raw message