forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Sina K. Heshmati" <s...@khakbaz.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r546173 - in /forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.skos: resources/stylesheets/skos-to-document.xsl src/documentation/content/xdocs/glossary.xml
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:41:35 GMT
On Mon, June 11, 2007 5:47 pm, Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org> said:

> On 11/06/07, rgardler@apache.org <rgardler@apache.org> wrote:

>> Log:
>> allow multiple definitions of glossary items (thanks to Oshani Seneviratne
>> FOR-1006)
>
> Great stuff Oshani, some minor comments...
>
>> +    <em class="bold">
>
> Why em class="bold"? the class does nothing since there is no addition
> to the CSS. Why not <strong> or <em>?

You're right. I should've used <strong> instead.

>> +    <dl class="{local-name(.)}" id="{skos:prefLabel/text()}">
>
> <dl> etc. is not valid, see FOR-1009.

I see that. I'll study the DTD and make a choice accordingly.

> Also, what is the intention of the class attribute here and elsewhere.
> There is no addition to the CSS files so this is meaningless at this
> time.

I don't think it's meaningless. I used class attributes to give meaning to the generated content.
Before the term 'Microformats' was coined, it was difficult to explain why I systematicallly
use class attributes, but it's now rather easy. I personally share Norm's views [1] on microformats.

It'd be ideal to generate content according to a microformat but I haven't come across any
for glossaries.

It's true that I always have CSS in mind while generating content but it doesn't mean that
CSS is immediately going to be applied; that can come later and adapt itself to the markup.

> I suspect that this content is cut and paste from somewhere else. I
> committed it anyway as it is a very small amount of code, however, be
> careful about cut an paste code, it introduces errors and can give us
> problems from an ownership perspective.
>
> All code you commit must be your own code, or must be license
> compatible, in which case we need to ensure we satisfy all licence
> conditions.

No, it's not cut and paste.

SinDoc

[1] http://norman.walsh.name/2005/09/05/microformats