forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Johannes Schaefer <>
Subject Re: FOPNGSerializer (Update Forrest to FOP-0.9)
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 08:11:53 GMT
Martin Gmür schrieb:
> Hi,

We're trying to improve the forrest PDF output (see below),
most notably resolve
  FOR-413: "PDF: rendering fails when graphics too big"

Our first step would be to update Forrest so as to use the new
FOP-0.9 rendering engine, i.e. FOP-NG and hope that some of the
long-standing PDF bugs go away (e.g. [1,2,3])

It seems that this could be achieved by "simply" replacing the
serialiser [5].

We installed and built Cocoon (2.2 as used by Forrest ?!) but did
not find the FOP-NG jars (learning Maven, still).

Does anybody know how to build (these) specific jars?
And then: how to integrate into Forrest?
Is it really just replacing the jars and adding "NG" as hinted in [5]?

> somebody still tried to use the FOPNG Serializer to generate PDF?
> (output.xmap of the pdf-plugin:
> <map:serializer name="fo2pdf"
> src="org.apache.cocoon.blocks.fop.FOPNGSerializer"
> mime-type="application/pdf" />)
> I only found a short thread within Cocoon-Community:
> Are there any experiences to integrate this Serializer to Forrest?
> I've found no starting point what is to do.
> Kind regards
> Martin Gmuer

User Interface Design GmbH, Ludwigsburg, Germany
Phone/Fax  +49 7141 37700-46/-99, Mobile +49 170 4914567
E-mail *

Teinacher Strasse 38, D-71634 Ludwigsburg
Truderinger Strasse 330, D-81825 Muenchen
Friedrichsring 46, D-68161 Mannheim

Legal information according to EHUG:
User Interface Design GmbH; Managing Directors: Dr. Claus Goerner,
Franz Koller; Head office: Ludwigsburg; Commercial register of the
local court of Stuttgart, Germany, HRB 205519

View raw message