forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Sina K. Heshmati" <s...@khakbaz.com>
Subject Re: RDF/XML plugin development
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 09:43:47 GMT
On Wed, June 6, 2007 11:56 pm, Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org> said:

>> This mail is intended to help our students get to grips with a
>> sensible way of getting started that will not take up too much
>> revision time, but will still enable progress in the GSoC programme.
>>
>> The first thing to do is to create an outline plugin. There is
>> documentation on how to do this at [1] (note there are some useful
>> documents linked in the further reading section).
>
> Sina, any progress. Can we help in any way?

Yes! There's one thing you can help me with.

The moment I was assigned to develop a Baetle plugin --aggregating content from bug databases,
I came up with the idea of a customizable Bug Dashbord that every open source project could
use to present a summary of its bug database. Great, but the problem is that Baetle hasn't
released any schema yet [1].

Now, as I'd proposed [2] two initial plugins --Baetle and SKOS [3], wouldn't it be better
for me to start with the SKOS plugin?

SinDoc

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/baetle/browse_thread/thread/1230b5e87f325a74
[2] http://sina.khakbaz.com/2007/soc/forrest/#phase2