forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: howto get cocoon-2.2.0-dev?
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:47:21 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> llamar burgess wrote:
> >
> > According to http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/upgrading_08.html#cocoon
> > forrest is now "...using their SVN r351990 on 2005-12-08..." of
> > cocoon/trunk.
> >
> > So i tried to check out revision 351990 of cocoon/trunk, which works
> > fine for the basic components,
> > but as far as i can tell, there??re problems checking out external
> > targets i.e.
> > Error URL: 'https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/blocks' doesn??t exist
>
> Oh drat. At one stage they used "svn externals" for some
> blocks to share them with Cocoon 2.1 branch. I wonder if
> that is the problem.

I have not tried a fresh checkout of that revision
and i am not sure that the "externals' is the problem.

We need to find all the places in that r351990 that used
to use 'svn externals'. Then i gather that we can get the
'svn checkout' to ignore the externals
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.2/svn.advanced.externals.html

Perhaps these are blocks that Forrest does not use.
Otherwise i wonder if we can get the relevant
blocks from the current Cocoon-2.1 branch SVN.

The other alternatives are to help us get the
current Cocoon 2.2 working with current Forrest trunk,
or try to integrate the current Cocoon 2.1 branch,
or start to work on another proposal to separate from
Cocoon. There is recent discussion in our dev archives.
I can provide some tips for searching if you want.

-David