forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: howto get cocoon-2.2.0-dev?
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:26:51 GMT
llamar burgess wrote:
> lo,
>
> i was friendly advised to compile cocoon-2.2.0-dev (to integrate cocoon
> blocks into forrest).
> My prob now is that i do not know how to get a working instance of it.
>
> According to http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/upgrading_08.html#cocoon
> forrest 0.8 is now "...using their SVN r351990 on 2005-12-08..." of
> cocoon/trunk.
>
> (to be safe) i tried to check out revision 351990 of cocoon/trunk, which
> works only for basic components,
> but i experienced problems checking out external targets..
> ("Error URL: 'https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/blocks' doesn??t
> exist")
>
> So i appologise troubling you for some advice, how to get a complete
> version of cocoon-2.2.0-dev that
> will also get along with forrest 0.8..
>
> thx,
> llamar
>
> p.s.: thx david, for sending me here..

Hi llamar, thanks for bringing this over from the user list.
Most developers listen there too, so we heard the previous
discussion.

For reference, below is my reply to the user list,
and the rest of the conversation is at
 Re: integrate authentication-fw in forrest 0.8
 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.forrest.user/4296/

kraftfeld wrote:
> Lo,
>
> thank you for your answers.
> I hate to bother you with this, but now i??m facing problems to round up
> cocoon-2.2.0-dev :(

Please do follow-up discussion on the Forrest dev mail list.
This will go way beyond simple user issues, so is more
appropriate on the other list.

> According to http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/upgrading_08.html#cocoon
> forrest is now "...using their SVN r351990 on 2005-12-08..." of
> cocoon/trunk.
>
> So i tried to check out revision 351990 of cocoon/trunk, which works
> fine for the basic components,
> but as far as i can tell, there??re problems checking out external
> targets i.e.
> Error URL: 'https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/blocks' doesn??t exist

Oh drat. At one stage they used "svn externals" for some
blocks to share them with Cocoon 2.1 branch. I wonder if
that is the problem.

> That said, my new question is how to gather a functional copy of
> cocoon-2.2.0-dev in a revision that also suits forrest.

I don't know the answer to that sorry. Lets talk on the
dev list and see what we can do.

-David