forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: administration of forrest zone
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 01:55:33 GMT
Gav.... wrote:
> With a bit of luck and help from #infra, SMF is now enabled
> and the Apache 2 service starts up automatically now.

Fantastic, thanks.

It would have been good to do that help via the
infra mail list, so that we have a record and so
that other projects can learn. I am thinking
specifically of Cocoon, but probably others also
need to.

It would be useful to add any basic tips to
http://www.apache.org/dev/solaris-zones.html#apache2

> I killed it a couple of times (nearly literally) , restarted the server and
> it came back up. perhaps should keep an eye on it before altering the docs
> to suit.

Listen to the infrastructure@ list to know
when next the machine is rebooted.

Also we are storing config in our forrest/zones SVN,
with anything that must be private in our pmc/forrest SVN.

Some of it gets 'svn checkout' on the server,
other stuff is for safe-keeping. See some notes
at http://forrest.apache.org/zone.html

-David