forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject adding extra elements to skinconf
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2007 00:51:40 GMT
Brian M Dube wrote:
> David Crossley commented on FOR-1013:
> >
> >The patch is incomplete.
> >
> >See the comments at:
> > Re: Stop PDF Summary...
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/user@forrest.apache.org/msg02794.html
> >
> >New skin parameters need to be added to the default skinconf and XSL and
> >new DTD. Search the code for another parameter (e.g.
> >"disable-copyright-footer") to see how it is handled.
>
> By default skinconf do you mean the skinconf.xml pipeline, the file in
> fresh-site, or both?

Both.

The skinconf pipeline and the DTDs and Catalog
is one side of it.

The other side is to document and demonstrate the
available features in the fresh-site sample.

Aside: I wonder about using RELAX NG for skinconf.
I have done some initial investigation, but not yet
enough to say more.

> ... I don't yet follow how the pipeline adds default
> values unless it's the skin-specific stylesheet you mean (in the other
> thread).

It is an interesting pipeline in the way it
sets up default values. Worth following, as it
teaches a lot about the sitemap. I wouldn't dare
try to explain it here :-)

> >I gather that you must have disabled skinconf validation in
> >forrest.properties file.
>
> I must have done or Patrick must have done? When I tested the patch, I
> did not disable validation.

Or not run 'forrest site' on something that has this
extra skinconf. That triggers the validation steps.

That is another reason add examples to fresh-site.

-David