forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ivyBuild branch
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 00:50:14 GMT
Brian M Dube wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >Ross Gardler wrote:

> >>How about I get rid of it and we do the work in trunk?
> >
> >Yeah i was wondering about that too.
>
> >Anyway let us postpone that discussion until
> >next week.
>
> How does the switch to Ivy fit with the other things that were discussed
> to happen right after the release? Is the plan to do this in trunk?

It should be able to be independent of other things,
as far as i can tell.

I presume that it should be possible to take this
in small steps:
Get a basic Ivy setup working, perhaps only managing
one or two artifacts.
Get the build and run to use most libs from the
$FORREST_HOME/lib/* and the others from Ivy.
Gradually move stuff to be managed by Ivy.

Is that possible? If so then i reckon that we should
get going in trunk.

-David