forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject using status.xml files for changes notes
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 23:11:24 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Firstly, and perhaps most importantly, you must keep status.xml up to
> date. There are a number of reasons for this:
> - it's how we generate the changes file and that's how our users
> figure out whether or not to upgrade
> - it's how you and other developers are credited with contribution to the
> plugin
> - it's how developers understand what is happening in the code
> - it forms part of the documentation (especially at release time)

Likewise it is important to also add an entry to the top-level
site-author/status.xml to alert to Oshani's contribution.
This gets the contributor's name into the general release notes.

I just now followed up to do that.

As Ross said, general changes for this plugin go into its
local status.xml file.

View raw message