forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject RE: svn commit: r545483 - .../descriptorIndex-to-contactsCSV.xsl
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2007 00:30:01 GMT

And maybe I should have spotted why it wasn't working, many eyes and all
that.. thanks for fixing it.

> > I found this
> > http://sleepyhead81.blogspot.com/2004/08/line-breaks-in-xslt.html but
> have
> > not been able to try its technique, nor if it appropriate until it has
> been
> > tried.
>
> That's the method (well a slight variation of the method) I am using -
> it's just clumsy and so does not feel right..

Ok, As far as I can make out, elements by default have preserved spaces, but
we are over-riding this by use of normalize-space and so are putting in
<xsl:text> <xsl:text> to create a line break where needed and seems to be
a common way of dealing with it.

We need to create another record to test it properly.

Gav...