forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject Commit then review revisited.
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 23:16:48 GMT
In the FOAF thread Ross says :-

"... (and to be fair Gav made a mistake in committing it without reviewing
it properly - that's our job as committers)...."

First , I apologise for not having the time yesterday to review it properly
before committing. (Wrists still sore from the slapping :) )
However, a conversation while back stuck in my mind [1] and so I adopted the
approach of 'commit then review' - as long as it is sure not to break
something else.

The patch I applied yesterday was actually the first patch file that I had
successfully managed to unpatch back into code (?)  -- I finally got
patch.exe installed into Cygwin and used Davids command line code [2] of '
patch -p0 < ~/pathToFile/filename.patch '. In fact I copied the patch file
to 'trunk' first and just did 'patch -p0 filename.patch' and was pleased to
see that it all expanded into the correct place in whiteboard -- so I now
see properly the reasons for correctly creating patches relative from trunk
root.

Anyway, just wanted to nip this in the bud now, should I from now on revert
my thinking and review the patches before committing, even though this will
mean the patch just waits there a little longer ?

Thanks

Gav...

[1] - http://marc.info/?l=forrest-dev&m=114579093419890&w=2
[2] - http://marc.info/?l=forrest-dev&m=115931572618302&w=2