Hi,

I am working on a project named Burrokeet as part my MSc project at UWI in trinidad. Burrokeet is a learning content creation environment but so far it has no mechanism in place for managing users. Burrokeet is built on forrest and i'm trying to add jsp support to forrest in order to implement a user management system.

So far, I got a forrest-0.8 war to work in tomcat 5.5 on java 1.5 platform but am having troubles getting jsp pages processed. Is there any way to test if JSPReader and JSPGenerator works?

Also, I downloaded the cocoon2.1 war and the jsp examples work fine in tomcat5.5 . I am thinking about configuring forrest0.8 to work with cocoon2.1 instead of the built-in cocoon2.2-dev. Is that a good idea?

The only problem so far in the forrest war on tomcat gives the following error on startup before running any jsp pages:

=========
core.log
=========
WARN    (2007-05-20) 12:11.47:796   [core.manager] (Unknown-URI) Unknown-Thread/CoreServiceManager: ComponentLocator exception from parent SM during lookup.
org.apache.avalon.framework.service.ServiceException: Component for key 'org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceResolver' not found. (Key='Cocoon')
    at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.SingleComponentServiceManager.lookup(SingleComponentServiceManager.java:68)
    at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.CoreServiceManager.lookup(CoreServiceManager.java:355)
    at org.apache.cocoon.transformation.helpers.DefaultIncludeCacheManager.service (DefaultIncludeCacheManager.java:384)
    at org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.service(ContainerUtil.java:143)
    at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.ComponentFactory.setupInstance(ComponentFactory.java:150)
    at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.ComponentFactory.newInstance (ComponentFactory.java:133)
    at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.handler.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.doInitialize(ThreadSafeComponentHandler.java :54)

when trying to run a jsp page, the following error results:

=========
sitemap.log
=========
WARN    (2007-05-20) 15:31.21:718   [sitemap.action.sourcetype] (/forrest-storm/jsp/ hello.jsp) http-8080-Processor23/SourceTypeAction: Source 'org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.FileSource@7053be' not found

I'm just trying to get a simple jsp page to work in forrest on tomcat so i can continue to implement my user management system.

Can anyone please help?