forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Ross Gardler" <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Not long to GSOC start.
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 13:05:55 GMT
On 17/05/07, Gav.... <brightoncomputers@brightontown.com.au> wrote:
> I realise that although there are general GSOC guidelines and
> deadlines, as far as Forrest is concerned, you can work more
> or less to your own schedules, so may not start right away, I
> just wanted to be sure you are both happy and ready to go.

That is true, but we (the mentors) are expected to evaluate your work
against your original proposal. So whilst we are not concerned with
everything being exactly as predicted (when does that ever happen), we
need to know as soon as you think you need to diverge from your
proposal.

You'll find us more than willing to be flexible, we are interested in
you a) having fun b) getting things done - so whatever works best for
you is best for us too.

> As your co/mentor I am looking forward to working with you as
> are the rest of the Forrest Community, so shout up when you
> have any questions or ideas etc.

Yes, I too am looking forward to getting things going. And please do
speak up as soon as you think you need a pointer, that is what we are
here for.

Ross