forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: fixing bugs in trunk or branch
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 20:02:48 GMT
I'm sorry to have stepped out of line. I hadn't found Cyriaques solution
when I looked for it. So I tracked down the bug on my own (in far too
much time) and wanted to share the work with others. That's all.

What I don't get: Had I found Cyriaques solution and copied it in .7
what would have been different? It still would have required testing
give that .7 is a different environment that .8. It still would have
only been me to test it given.

We still wouldn't be sure that it really works.

And I may be mistaken here but I thought the version I fixed is a yet
unreleased update to a released version. Not?

Best regards,
Ferdinand

P.S. One thing I really really disliked about commercial software was
the fact that you were always forced into upgrading because bugs would
only get fixed in new releases.