forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Wazir Abdool <islandbl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using forrest 0.8-dev with Tomcat-5.5.12
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 00:20:03 GMT

Hi David,

I've been experimenting with forrest-0.8 on tomcat-5.5.17 and j2sdk1.4.2_13
and i recently suceeded to run the forrest war without crashing tomcat.
However, there are still a few errors trying to locate resources:

================core.log================
WARN    (2007-05-20) 12:11.47:796   [core.manager] (Unknown-URI)
Unknown-Thread/CoreServiceManager: ComponentLocator exception from parent SM
during lookup.
org.apache.avalon.framework.service.ServiceException: Component for key
'org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceResolver' not found. (Key='Cocoon')
	at
org.apache.cocoon.core.container.SingleComponentServiceManager.lookup(SingleComponentServiceManager.java:68)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.core.container.CoreServiceManager.lookup(CoreServiceManager.java:355)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.helpers.DefaultIncludeCacheManager.service(DefaultIncludeCacheManager.java:384)
	at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.service(ContainerUtil.java:143)

To get the war file to run on tomcat, i moved the following jar files from
forrest's lib\core directory over into tomcat's lib dir:
commoms.logging.jar
logkit-1.2.2.jar
jsp-api.jar

Hope this helps, I'm still working on resolving all errors importing
forrest's wars into tomcat...