forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Oshani Seneviratne" <osh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] please test release candidate and vote
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2007 08:15:39 GMT
Hi,

I tried the 0.8 RC1 on RHEL4 and WinXP Pro with java versions
"1.5.0_11" and "1.4.2_14" respectively. Overall the results look good
(except for the things that are already reported so far). I will try
to play with the plugins tonight and report if I see any problems.

HTH,
Oshani

On Red Hat Enterprise Linux Version 4 (2.6.9-5.ELsmp)
 java version "1.5.0_11"

* Make a fresh site ...
                          cd my-new-dir
SUCCESSFUL    forrest seed
SUCCESSFUL    forrest run ... use the local jetty server.
SUCCESSFUL    forrest ... build the whole site from the command-line.
SUCCESSFUL    forrest war ... use your own full Jetty or Tomcat.
(tried with Apache Tomcat 6.0.10 Server - however the plugin link is
not working as mentioned earlier in this thread)

* Try it on the Forrest core docs ...
                          cd site-author
SUCCESSFUL    forrest run
SUCCESSFUL    forrest

* Forrest was already pre-built. Try building it again.
                          cd main
SUCCESSFUL    ./build.sh clean
SUCCESSFUL    ./build.sh
SUCCESSFUL    ./build test

DID NOT TEST
* Try it on your own project, especially if you have  a project
sitemap and use some extra plugins.

DID NOT TEST
* If you are a user of forrestbot then try that.

DID NOT TEST
* Try building and installing the forrestbar.

On Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
java version "1.4.2_14"

Almost the same as above :)