forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim Williams" <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] please vote for the release using RC2
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 21:19:41 GMT
On 4/14/07, David Crossley <crossley@apache.org> wrote:
> The final release candidate RC2 and supporting files:
> http://people.apache.org/~crossley/temp/forrest-08-rc2/
>
> For Windows get *.zip md5sum bdc6d93722fda51faab1384476f69c5e
> For UNIX get *.tar.gz md5sum 56799bac54f79cd26a8ba29b10904259
>
> The vote period concludes Monday 2007-04-16 at 22:00 UTC [2].
> So over the next 1.5 days please vote.
>
> http://forrest.apache.org/guidelines.html#voting
> As discussed there, we definitely encourage all developers
> to vote. We need your opinion. You don't need to have
> checked everything, just be satisfied.
>
> The PMC members votes are the ones that count when
> considered for foundation business process reasons.
>
> When voting, please quote the md5sum to ensure that we are
> all using the correct release candidate package. The votes
> need to happen against this final release package.
>
> PMC members need to satisfy themselves that the actual
> final release package meets the ASF principles.
>
> If you feel that you need to do more testing
> then see the hints in the previous vote message.
>
> ------
> [2] end of vote on final release candidate and commence the upload phase
> Monday 2007-04-16 at 22:00 UTC
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?day=16&month=04&year=2007&p1=136&p2=48&p3=176&p4=240&p5=224&p6=213
> http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?month=4&day=16&year=2007&hour=22
>

> [3] "A lazy majority vote requires 3 binding 1 votes
> and more binding 1 votes than -1 votes".
> http://forrest.apache.org/guidelines.html#actions

0 for me (mainly due to #3)

1 - almos all seeded doc redirects still point to 0.7.  e.g.
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/your-project.html - no big deal, just
change the redirect.

2 - I forget whether the locationmap sample in freshsite is a known
issue or not, but the link at the very bottom still goes to
"lm:rewrite.index" - likely no big deal.

3 - Plugins link on the index of a seed still links to 0.7 docs - no
redirect, the site.xml entry actually links to 0.7 docs.

Sorry I've been so quite lately, I wasn't able to do very thorough
testing, but hopefully this is helpful.

--tim