forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Sina K. Heshmati" <s...@khakbaz.com>
Subject Re: [apache-forrest-0.8] problem with org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.inputModule
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:11:26 GMT
On Thu, April 26, 2007 8:04 am, David Crossley <crossley@apache.org> said:

> Ron Blaschke wrote:
>> Ross Gardler wrote:

>> > We are fully test on JDK1.4 and it should work, so this is probably a
>> > configuration problem on your end. Please provide the following info:
>> >
>> > Operating System
>> > Output of "java -version" command
>> > Output of JAVA_HOME
>>
>> I think this is a problem with the plugin.  If you look at the
>> 0.8/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.inputModule.zip there's a file
>> lib/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.inputModule.jar.  It contains the
>> ModuleGenerator class.  This class has version 49.0, which is Java 5.
>>
>> My pod-input plugins seems to have the same problem.
>>
>> After a quick look into plugins/build.xml I think the javac task call
>> should contain target="1.4" to tell the compiler to always generate Java
>> 1.4 code.  Otherwise the compiler targets the default version, which is
>> the own version for recent Sun JDKs.
>
> On the dev list we fixed that and the plugin is
> deployed again.
>
> Please try it. Your forrest installation should
> retrieve the updated plugin.

I still have this problem on Vista with Java 1.5_11. Is it my system configuration or something
needs to be fixed in trunk? It works on Gentoo and WinXP SP2, though.

> -David

'echo %JAVA_HOME%'output: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-1.5.0

'java -version' output:

java version "1.5.0_11"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_11
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_11-b03, mixed mode, shar

Output of compile target while running 'build.bat' after 'build.bat clean' in '${FORREST_HOME}/main':

compile:
Created dir: D:\2007\SinDoc\forrest\build\classes
Compiling 32 source files to D:\2007\SinDoc\forrest\build\classes
          WARNING
The -source switch defaults to 1.5 in JDK 1.5.
If you specify -target 1.4 you now must also specify -source 1.4.
Ant will implicitly add -source 1.4 for you.  Please change your build file.
D:\2007\SinDoc\forrest\main\java\org\apache\forrest\locationmap\lm\LocationMap
ava:256: warning: [deprecation] compose(java.lang.Object,org.apache.avalon.fra
work.component.ComponentManager) in org.apache.avalon.framework.container.Cont
nerUtil has been deprecated
        ContainerUtil.compose(context, new WrapperComponentManager(m_manager))
                     ^
1 warning

SinDoc