forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Brian M Dube <brian.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Skin plugin
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:17:11 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> I am not yet clear about your main aim. Is it to move
> the existing functionality out of the core and leave it
> at that (a legacy system)? Or is it to create a framework
> as described above which would enable future development
> of skins functionality as well as dispatcher.

If community support of skins is questionable, then a flexible framework
seems to me the way to go.

> Not sure what to do about the different skins.
> There would be a similar discussion in the archives about
> when the Dispatcher work established the f.a.o.themes.core
> plugin.

> Let us continue to express our needs for a little
> while on this dev list, before launching into the
> actual development.

Fair enough. For one of my projects I tested a modification to the
Forrest build files that leaves out (unused) skin resources when
building dispatcher sites. It would be great if this case is handled
when skins move out of core.

Brian