forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ron Blaschke <...@rblasch.org>
Subject Re: [apache-forrest-0.8] problem with org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.inputModule
Date Sun, 22 Apr 2007 14:07:17 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> On 20/04/07, Paul.Divine@alcatel-lucent.fr
> <Paul.Divine@alcatel-lucent.fr> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> Just for test I put
>> org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.inputModule in the list of
>> plugin in the forrest.properties file.
>>
>> Note I use the java version j2sdk1.4.2_03.
>>
>> When trying to reach the index.html, the browser  displays the following
>> message
>>

>> HTTP ERROR: 500
>> org%2Fapache%2Fforrest%2Fgeneration%2FModuleGenerator+%28Unsupported+major%2Eminor+version+49%2E0%29
>>
>> RequestURI=/index.html
>
> We are fully test on JDK1.4 and it should work, so this is probably a
> configuration problem on your end. Please provide the following info:
>
> Operating System
> Output of "java -version" command
> Output of JAVA_HOME

I think this is a problem with the plugin.  If you look at the
0.8/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.inputModule.zip there's a file
lib/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.inputModule.jar.  It contains the
ModuleGenerator class.  This class has version 49.0, which is Java 5.

My pod-input plugins seems to have the same problem.

After a quick look into plugins/build.xml I think the javac task call
should contain target="1.4" to tell the compiler to always generate Java
1.4 code.  Otherwise the compiler targets the default version, which is
the own version for recent Sun JDKs.

Ron