forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Eclipse and forrest.
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 08:22:02 GMT
Gav... wrote:
> <quote who="David Crossley">
>> Gav.... wrote:
>>> Yes,  I will gladly do a document on getting eclipse installed and
>>> forrest
>>> installed into that. there are some docs around already that I have been
>>> looking at, so can amalgamate/update those.
>> Great stuff. These gems are helping us all.
>>
>> As before, please focus on the Forrest-specific bits
>> and keep documentation about supporting products
>> to a minimum. We don't have the people-power to
>> maintain such.
>
> No problem there, however I will unfortunatly have more questions,
> for instance I have now installed forrest-trunk into the eclipse
> workspace from svn and get 77 errors and many warnings before I
> even get to do anything. We need things like this cleared up for
> the docs also.

You don't need to do anything with the warnings - they are warnings.

The errors?

I have 18 errors on Forrest trunk, all of them to do with Eclipses
incorrect handling of imports in ANT build files. They look like this:

"Target ensure-nocontent does not exist in this project"

The other errors you have are to do with your configuration of the
workspace.

Have you added the jars to the build path? (right click on all the jars
and select build path... -> add to build path)

If that's not your problem then lets start working through your errors
by posting them up here.

Ross