forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <m...@soethe.net>
Subject Re: [Vote] please vote for the release using RC2
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 05:26:14 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> I think it is significant, but I think it will affect so few users it
> should not stop this release. In particular I wonder why no other tester
> found the same problem and whether this is an indicator of how many
> users will hit it.

Perhaps this has to do with the fact that most test use english locale
systems? How can we know that it won't hit many users until we
understand the problem?

David Crossley wrote:

> This is the way that the i18n internationalisation
> works now. For me with English as my default locale
> it generates in build/site/en/
> Regarding the content, i expect if you provided
> German source (e.g. index.de.xml) then it should work.

I my opinion our seed system should look and work right
in any locale. And to me it seems like it doesn't.

Poor first impression, kind of like a demo system that crashes when you
try it, don't you think?

Regards
Ferdinand