forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] please vote for the release using RC2
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 16:39:08 GMT
Finally found some time to download an test RC2.
What I found:

Install

Only minor documentation stuff:

./index.html

- I'd really like it to mention that you should be online when you first
  run forrest after install so that the plugins can be downloaded.

Site-Author

Runs and compiles well.

Only minor content issues:

./index.html

- The text in the box is misleading: "16 April 2007 Forrest-0.8
  released: Features the Locationmap. (More)" suggests that you learn
  more about locationmaps but takes you to the download.

- we still have a loss of context opening this document (the menu
  collabses and doesn't show which part of the site it open) through the
  download-menu item.

Sample Site

Here is a more serious issue:

Using Java 1.5 and a german Windows XP Pro Forrest will generate the
seed site ok and w/o error. But the site is empty and content is in
site/de/... and when I open index html I get the menu headings and tabs
in German ("Über" instead of "About") while menu items and texts are in
English.

Same when I Forrest run the new project.

Regards,
Ferdinand