forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Eclipse and forrest.
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 12:26:49 GMT
Gav.... wrote:

> [...]

Your working directory should not be your trunk checkout. If you set it
up the way I suggested where (in my case) ~/project is the working
directory and ~/project/forrest-trunk is the forrest project directory
there is only one eclipse specific file to be created (.project) and
you'll find this is already in svn:ignore

> The confusing thing for me then is, how do I work on trunk and debug it and
> update it etc whilst the workspace is pointing somewhere else, or is this a
> RTFM concidering I only installed it today? (I'm impatient, but that's
> hardly your problem). Or maybe, I do need this mixture of svn trunk and
> eclipse ?

The eclipse workspace does not map to each project. The workspace is a
collection of all projects you want to work with in eclipse. This is
getting off topic for this list, if you need to know more about the
specifics of eclipse workspaces see the eclipse docs. If you want to
know more about how I work with Eclipse and Forrest I'll expand further,
but I already told you my set up and don't really know what else to tell
you at this stage.

With respect to debugging, see Chris' reply for one option, or you can
do what I do:

start forrest in debug mode (see our faq)
use the eclipse debugger by connecting to the running instance of
forrest (I think there is a faq entry for that too, but I may be
mistaken, more info if you need it)

Ross