forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Google Summer of Code
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 15:36:58 GMT
This year Forrest has two GSoC students.

Gavin will be mentoring one, with me as co-mentor (Oshani Wasana
Seneviratne)

I will be mentoring the other, with Gavin as co-mentor (Sina Khakbaz
Heshmati)

Both students will be working on RDF/XML plugins, but both have
identified different plugins they want to implement.

These students are members of the community like any other, they will
not be treated any differently and all communications with them will be
through the dev lists (with the exception of GSoC specific stuff - so we
can keep the noise down).

Because of the nature of what I had in mind when proposing the project I
expect them to be working with the dispatcher in the latter half of
their work.

I hope we can continue to draw on the community to support these new
community members, particularly in the latter half of the work when we
start working with dispatcher.

I am hoping that we will be able to get them to test RC1 as part of
their "initiaition", although official GSoC does not start until next
month, so do not expect to see them around, if we do, it's a bonus.

----

Gavin, I will craft an email to send to the students in a moment or two.
  I think it is best if we send one email to both students and introduce
them to one another and both of us. If you've already contacted Sina
it's not a problem.

I'll copy the email to this list.

Ross