forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Whiteboard plugins (Re: RC1 fails when plugins provide Java source)
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 12:35:15 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> There are various other such plugins, but no developer
> is asking for them to be deployed. The trouble is that
> if we don't deploy these, then people will get strange
> errors when they try and we will need to answer lots
> of mail lists questions. I know that there are warnings about
> using whiteboard plugins. But still, better to head off
> any questions.

The only reason I did not deploy all the whiteboard plugins was becuase
of time. I have no problem with any/all being deployed. Right now I'm
busy fighting with a weird error in the DOAP plugin (something I
actually need to deploy).

It would be great if every committer actually deploys one whiteboard
plugin, we'd be through them in no time.

Once I've done the DOAP plugin I'll move onto another.

Ross