forrest-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RC1 Fails on dispatcher (Re: calling all developers, test release candidate)
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 22:13:51 GMT
Gav.... wrote:
> 
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Ross Gardler [mailto:rgardler@apache.org]
>> Sent: Thursday, 12 April 2007 6:14 PM
>> To: dev@forrest.apache.org
>> Subject: RC1 Fails on dispatcher (Re: calling all developers, test release
>> candidate)
>>
>> Ross Gardler wrote:
>>> Olivier Parent wrote:
>>>> X [0]                                     linkmap.html  BROKEN:
>>>> org.apache.forrest.dispatcher.transformation.DispatcherTransformer
>>> Thanks Olivier - this is a great help,
>>>
>>> Team, this is the same problem I'm seeing. I'm 99.9% certain it is
>>> because the dispatcher plugin has not been deployed correctly.
>> Unfortunately, the 0.1% I left myself was wise, the dispatcher has now
>> been correctly deployed, but the above error can be reproduced with:
>>
>> cd apache-forrest-0.8
>> cd main
>> build clean
>> build
>> build test
>>
>> All other tests I have performed have passed, but all sites I have with
>> dispatcher are failing in the above way.
>>
>> I don't have time to look into this right now - may grab another half
>> hour later today.
> 
> Same with me, dispatcher broken.
> 
> I did an 'ant test' on the dispatcher plugin in trunk and the
> dispatcher-glossary.xml fails validation due to not well formed markup. Its
> been fine
> all this time but now fails, don't know when that started to happen.
> The dispatcher plugin itself does download and unzip into the build
> directory fine in RC1.

I got the same results reported by Gavin, now "ant test" in trunk passes 
OK for me.

However, RC1 still fails on any dispatcher site.

I've compared all the files in the deployed plugin pulled down by RC1 
and the trunk plugin deployed from the local directory. They are the 
same (expect RC1 has a lib folder in there that isn't present in trunk 
but it only contains a readme.txt).

Nobody has reported whether this works on Linux or not, we need to know 
as it may be a line endings issue. I've wasted way too much time on this 
already.

The steps for reproducing are given above.

Ross

Mime
View raw message