forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [headsup] website not updated due to group permissions
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2007 21:49:05 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross, please try again.

Done. For general info in case the same happens again:

My umask was not correctly set.

I did svn up on the website on the server, hence group assignments were
incorrect as were write permissions.

David spotted the group permissions thing, which I sorted out with
chgrp. Neither of us spotted the write permissions thing, until this
mail from David.

So, rather than trying to get all permissions correct by hand I deleted
the plugins directory.

Checked my umask was correctly set

did svn up

checked over the permissions and ownerships. They looked OK

Apologies to everyone for this mess, especially David who has been
waiting all day for me to sort this out whilst I've been drinking in the
easter sun.

Ross