forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: the progress with the release
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 07:48:54 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >
> >There are a stack of scribbled notes on my printout
> >of the "How_to_release" doc. I will try to incorporate
> >those tomorrow while it is still fresh.

Okay i have those integrated now. This document has
evolved over every release of Forrest. I have found
it extremely beneficial as a reminder of what to do
next time.
http://forrest.apache.org/procedures/release/How_to_release.html

> >We need to talk soon about how to refine the process
> >further. We also need to look at why it took us so long
> >to get around to even starting this process.
>
> +1. I will write up a proposal on this (I can do it as part of my paid
> job since OSS Watch will be able to use it as a briefing note)

That would be a wonderful alliance. What a good way to
actively foster open source.

> >I would like us to wait with that conversation until after
> >the weekend. I need a rest. When taking on the Release Manager
> >job, i knew that it would be a huge task. Looking around
> >at release notes of other projects, i see that they warn
> >about that too.
>
> It will take me at least until mid next week to write the proposal, so
> rest well.

I will try ;-)

-David